Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Vinny put your gun away

Vinny put your gun away
This is neither the time nor place
And you know what Roberto says about scaring the tenants

Vinny my last mistake
could be startling you awake
I come in peace; I bear no weapon

I know there’s an ocean between us and New Jersey
And I know there’s a long night between now and 6:30
But Vinny please, don’t take it out on me

You can say that again. Whatever it was you said
And I’ll just nod my head and pretend I understood
Vinny, violence won’t do us any good

Braving the quiet and cold, Manning your post all alone
Longing for something a bit more exciting
Vinny, don’t take it out on me

You know there’s a fine line between fearless and foolish
Vinny its high time; we gotta get through this
Vinny put that gun away; you know what Roberto says about scaring the tenants

No comments: