Saturday, January 19, 2008

$21.08

Tip your pail just a little
What falls to the floor is an ocean to me
You probably wouldn’t know if it were missing
But I’m drowning in this unforgiving sea

A slight misunderstanding, confusion of the terms
I won’t pretend to be without my faults
But your oversight however slight
brings another anxious night

21 dollars, 21 dollars, 21 dollars and eight cents
21 dollars, 21 dollars, you owe me 21 dollars
I will have my revenge


I know its near impossible to prove
In a world of corruption and abuse
But I’d try to hear you out if you were me
and I was you

I’ve known my fair share of disappointments
Now I’ll take my fair share on the house
A few hours in your store ought to settle the score
I’ll be crafty; I’ll be cunning; I’ll be on my way out

Hair gel, A hacky sack, a handful of Doritos,
Could you point me to the dressing room to try on these new speedos,
Produce, popcorn, paintbrushes, plaid and polyesterFlashlights, fanta and fishing line that sits beside the register

No comments: