Tuesday, January 8, 2008

time machine

No chance to post music yet - probably not until february - sing along with your own tune


I met a man on the street

He told me all about his time machine

Built of old receipts, postcards and magazines

Took another drink and pointed at me

Said son, the future’s never what it seems

There was a crack in the atmosphere

I had to make my move

I fought my way out of there

Now, I’m here with you

I’ll tell you my story, won’t tell you what to do

Son, its never what it seems


I’ve been there and back

I’ve seen it change

Seen the truth attacked

While the stories stay the same

You fight to live another day


My manifesto would read like a book

But for another 50 years not be understood

You can guess if you want, it won’t do you any good

Its never what it seems

Everyone I meet is known for his innocence

But here on the street you can only trust yourself

Show me your scars, don’t tell me what your future is

Its never what it seems

If I were a hammer, I’d break the mold

No comments: